Top 20 Terms:
- Test...part 1...today!
- Test...part 2...Thursday!
Essay: Review assignment!
- Discuss logos, pathos, and ethos.
- Assignment: Find an example of pathos...bring to class on Thursday.
Clauses: Time to get a little complex!
"If a man loses pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured, or far away."
(Henry David Thoreau)
- Know your conjunctions! In Thoreau's sentence above, identify the two type of clauses being used. Now identify the two clauses in President Lincoln's statement.
- Be creative here.
- Now...go to your essay draft and analyze your writing style for sentence types. Out beside each paragraph, create a list of sentence types per paragraph. Are you using a variety of sentence types? Yes? Great! No? Then revise for next time!