Early kick-off...April is National Poetry Month! I have accepted a challenge...want to be a part of the fun?
Utopia vs Dystopia Unit...continues.
- Click here for online version of your vocabulary words for Anthem.
- Go to your Gmail, open the shared Google Presentation, and create an example sentence of your assigned word using Anthem as the topic for your sentence.
- Test on terms on Friday.
- Please read/view this PowerPoint.
Today's poetic focus:
- Please read this biography of Paul Laurence Dunbar and then read his poem "We Wear the Mask"
- Terms to know...meter, rhyme scheme, paradox, alliteration, metaphor, apostrophe.
- Be creative with your mask...using only colors, create a Utopian and a Dystopian mask.
- Your turn...In a Google Doc, write a poem in response to today's discussion entitled either "I Wear the Mask" or "No Mask I Wear." Within the poem, create an appeal to pathos and use a minimum of one vocabulary word. Then share the document with me.
- Complete your mask assignments: you via colors and your poem.
- Study your vocab words. Use at least one vocab word in your poem.
- Please finish Anthem...if you have not.